The Clean Power Lake County Campaign is a grassroots coalition of community, faith, health and environmental groups dedicated to building a just future based on clean air, clean water, and a revitalized lakefront in Lake County, Illinois.
Members of the Clean Power Lake County Campaign advocate for a long-term retirement plan for the coal-fired power plant in Waukegan, including a just transition for the workforce, the tax base, and the lakefront site.
Members also work to promote clean energy projects that can create new local jobs and tax revenue for Waukegan and Lake County.
Partners of the Clean Power Lake County Campaign
– Agg’in Tribe
– Christ Episcopal Church of Waukegan
– The Environmental Law & Policy Center
– The Exchange Club of North Chicago
– Faith in Place
– Father Gary Graf Center
– Incinerator Free Lake County
– Knights of Columbus
– Lake County Bike Project
– League of Women Voters-Lake County
– Moms Clean Air Force-Illinois
– Most Blessed Trinity Parish of Waukegan
– NAACP-Lake County Branch
– Organizing for Action-Lake/McHenry Chapter
– Respiratory Health Association
– Sierra Club Woods & Wetlands Group
– Tufo Art
– Waukegan Community Church