Clean Power Lake County has joined more than 70 other environmental justice and national environmental groups as an inaugural signatory of the Equitable and Just National Climate Platform to address the widening climate crisis—before it’s too late.
This historic platform highlights a shared vision for national climate action that confronts racial, economic, and environmental injustice while enacting deep cuts in climate pollution and accelerating a pollution-free energy future that benefits all communities.
Clean Power Lake County and other signatories believe communities that bear the greatest burdens from pollution, climate change, and economic inequality should co-lead the way in shaping the assertive solutions we need to tackle the climate crisis and environmental racism as well as to achieve a just climate future.
The platform released on July 18 lays out how we can—and will—get there together.
- Enact solutions that address the legacy of pollution
- Make justice and equity a priority
- Reduce greenhouse gas pollution
- Transition to a clean energy future
- Reduce transportation pollution
- Rebuild infrastructure and housing
- Demand a just national climate agenda
- Be on a pathway to limit warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius
Our shared vision: “All people and all communities have the right to breathe clean air, live free of dangerous levels of toxic pollution, have access to healthy food, and share the benefits of a prosperous and vibrant clean economy.”
Learn more about the National Climate Platform and the inaugural signatories at AJustClimate.org.